Thursday 30 May 2013

Easter Cards

As Easter came and passed so fast and I was busy too with some cards. This is my first ever cards I done for Easter and honestly they are the best of my favourite cards I done so far. Easter reminds about birds chirping in their nests, the air starts to get a bit warm and the flowers starting to bloom. Usually I used to take my first swim at Easter like many others.  We also do have our traditional food for Easter like the "Figolla". It`s a sweet pastry cut in a character and filled with almond mixture and the top decorated with icing paste and on top of it an Easter egg.

Now let’s get back to the real subject as sweets are my biggest distraction. J  For these cards i tried to experiment as much as possible and I am quite satisfied. I always try to experiment and mess about in crafts.

Supplies List
  • A4 card stock
  • Dictionary and old book pages
  • Perfect Pearls mist
  • Embossing powder
  • Charcoal pencil
  • Distress ink pads
  • Lace
  • White gesso
  • Mod podge
  • Stamps
  • Stencils
  • Flowers
  • Liquid pearls
  • Sizzix Bigz Die - Caged Bird
  • Sizzix Bigz Die - Tattered Florals
  • Acrylic paints 



The leaves were cut free hand from an old dictionary book, sketched the edges and inside of the leaf  with a charcoal pencil.


The flower was made from and old book and water coloured and edges inked with brown distress ink.  Then glued all the petal layers 6 in all and misted on perfect pearls. When all dry, normally I use a heat gun to hurry up the process, added a button to the center of the flower.


For the background applied pieces of book pages then applied gesso and then the acrylic paints. For stamping I used distress ink pads and on some of the stamping applied embossing powder







For the largest flower I recycled a coffee cup heat protector J  as long I don’t get any free coffee no adverts in here… hehe 


Don’t be afraid to mess about with the paint brush as you can really create fabulous textures. I do have any art experience except a little bit of art lessons at school.  For the cage gave it a little of embossing powder. 


Wish you all  a great day whether the sun is shining or not ! J

Carmen xx



No comments:

Post a Comment