Saturday 12 July 2014

The Wedding Invites

I have never done wedding invites in my life apart from loads of cards. So preparing around 200 invites was a bit worrying, though taking inconsideration to keep the budget low as possible and also with a simple creative design too.

So we came up  with an idea to compliment the wedding souvenirs they had already made up themselves. and as they  used  jute  we wanted to incorporate  jute as  well in the  invites and  possibly in the other  things.

This time of year is the peak season for weddings on the island with many beautiful settings and ideas. Weddings  are something big with as many as 300 people which most of them would be relatives.

All I needed was card stock, embossing folder, lace, jute rope, distress ink, a stamp and satin flowers and of course a bow maker to make my work more efficient. 

So as I had all the materials at hand I started working on the largest project of my life .





We choose cotton lace  which is very similar to bobbin lace. To give it that aged shabby look we dyed it into instant coffee something I learned from the net. In the past I used tea but I prefer coffee  for that aged look that  I wanted . The dyeing process was not in my hands, J actually Desiree` the bride  had taken up the job to colour lace.


No comments:

Post a Comment